What is a Cement Foaming Agent?
Concrete/cement foaming agent indicates an admixture that will reduce the surface area stress of liquid and generate a considerable amount of uniform and secure foam, which is employed to produce foam concrete.
The foaming agent is actually a substance that will make its aqueous solution produce a massive quantity of foam when mechanical force is introduced straight into the air. This type of material is actually a surfactant or surface-active material. The essence of a Cement foaming agent is its surface-active effect. Without surface activity, foaming cannot occur, and it cannot be a foaming agent. Surface activity is the core of foaming.
The function of cement foaming agent
The key function of a cement foaming agent would be to promote the foaming of cement paste to make lightweight concrete. Cement foaming agents can produce bubbles through chemical reactions, causing the cement slurry to have a huge number of pores during the construction process, thereby lowering the density of concrete and rendering it lightweight, with thermal insulation, heat insulation, sound absorption, along with other excellent properties.
Cement foaming agents could also enhance the mechanical properties of concrete, enhance its compressive strength and tensile strength, and improve its durability and frost resistance. Additionally, cement foaming agents could also enhance the fluidity and plasticity of concrete, making it simpler to build and shape.
12 features and features of foaming agent
- It offers compressive strength and anti-aging properties: Although traditional chemical insulation materials can achieve thermal insulation effects, their compressive strength and anti-aging properties have not been able to meet the requirements. Lightweight foamed cement can totally solve this issue. , a alternative to traditional insulation materials
- It is actually lightweight: its density can reach 200-1600kg/m3, which effectively cuts down on the load in the building.
- Good high-temperature resistance: The applicable temperature of foamed cement can reach above 250-300C, whilst the benzene board will soften and undergo chemical reactions above 75C.
- Boost the stability and life in the insulation layer: The foamed cement thermal layer has a high level of stability and anti-aging properties, effectively ensuring that the indoor floor is flat and not cracked. Its lifespan is 5.10 times that of the benzene board. It consists of perlite particles. A lot more than five times
- Great thermal insulation: The thermal conductivity is .08w/mk, which is 20-30 times that of ordinary cement.
- It offers good compressive strength: when the density is 350kg/m3, the compressive strength is 6kg/cm2 in 7 days and 9kg/cm2 in 28 days.
- Good moisture resistance: You will have no condensation across the warm water pipes during heating, and you will have no splitting between the layers.
- Good bonding: The material found in foamed cement is cement, which has a superb bond with the lower and upper layers and will not cause hollowing or collapse in the ground.
- Fast construction speed: each shift can construct 3000-4000 square meters, saving the construction period
- Good integrity: One-time pouring has no gaps and interruptions and will be combined entirely with the cast-in-place floor slab and mortar layer to form a whole.
- It offers an anti-permeability effect: Due to the porous and integral nature of foamed cement, the anti-permeability is more than six times stronger compared to ordinary floor slabs.
- Fireproof: Foamed cement is surely an inorganic material (cement) that does not burn and therefore has good fire resistance. When used on buildings, it could enhance the fireproof performance in the building.
What are the types of cement foaming agents?
Plant-based cement foaming agent
It utilizes imported high-grade natural plant polymer products as basic materials and is generated via an accumulation of complicated chain reactions. The product is actually a pure and clear oily liquid having a light yellow color. It is really not sensitive to difficult water, non-toxic, odor-free, and sediment-free. The PH worth is near neutral, non-corrosive to cement and steel, and does not contaminate the setting. The frothing representative is storage-resistant, tough to degrade, has exceptional frothing performance, rich foam, and modest foam stability. Utilizing this frothing agent to help make foamed cement has got the attributes of reduced usage, affordability, stability, and high quality. Each barrel of frothing agent (200kg) can generate 500 m2 of foamed cement, so it will be commonly found in floor home heating jobs. In roofing insulation projects, building prices may be considerably minimized.
Animal-based cement foaming agent
It uses selected animal (cow, sheep) keratin because the primary raw material and is made through a number of hydrolysis reactions, heating and dissolving, dilution, filtration, and high-temperature shrinkage. It is actually produced using imported advanced equipment as well as the latest manufacturing technology. Strict quality management is implemented during the production process. The product is actually a deep brown viscous liquid with low impurity content, light irritating odor, uniform quality, audio quality consistency, outstanding foaming, and ideal foam stability; it is a new generation of animal-based cement foaming agents. Due to the high surface strength in the foam produced by this foaming agent, the foam is highly stable. The bubbles in the foamed cement made out of it are in a closed state independent of every other, and there is not any link between the bubbles. The permeability resistance in the foamed cement products is quite high. In the same density, compared with foamed cement made out of plant-based foaming agents, it offers better sealing as well as heat preservation properties and higher strength.
The uses of cement foaming agent
- Construction industry
Cement foaming agents are commonly used inside the construction industry and therefore are mainly used to produce lightweight concrete, thermal insulation materials, thermal insulation materials, sound-absorbing materials, etc. Lightweight wet-condensation materials have the advantages of lightweight thermal insulation, sound absorption, etc. They may be commonly used in building walls, floors, roofs, partitions, along with other components. Thermal insulation materials can be used for building insulation, heat insulation, fire protection, etc. Sound-absorbing materials can be used for building sound insulation and noise reduction.
- Road industry
Cement foaming agents can also be found in the broad industry and therefore are mainly used to produce lightweight pavement materials, sound insulation materials, waterproof materials, etc. Lightweight pavement materials have the advantages of light, wear resistance, and anti-aging and will reduce road noise and vibration. Sound insulation materials can be used for road sound insulation, noise reduction, etc. Waterproof materials can be used for road waterproofing and anti-seepage.
- Bridge industry
Cement foaming agents can also be found in the bridge industry, mainly used to produce lightweight bridge decks, sound insulation materials, waterproof materials, etc. Lightweight bridge deck has the advantages of being lightweight, high strength, and good durability, which may detect the weight in the bridge and extend the service life in the bridge. Sound insulation and waterproof materials can be used for bridge sound insulation, waterproofing, etc.
High Quality Foaming Agent Supplier
Trunnano Info Technology Co., Ltd is actually a supplier of concrete additives, that are concrete foaming agent and relative products with over 12 years expertise in nano-building energy conservation and nanotechnology development. It accepts payment via Credit Card, T/T, West Union and Paypal. Trunnano will ship the goods to customers overseas through FedEx, DHL, by air, or by sea. Should you be looking for high quality concrete Additives, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. ([email protected])